Thrift Operations Manager
Exempt, Full Time
The Thrift Operations Manager drives retail business operations at multiple Thrift Retail Store locations to help fund the BEAM mission of preventing homelessness and helping clients on a path to economic stability. Works with Store Managers to ensure successful operations at each location. Key responsibilities include people leadership, store operations, financial management, inventory control, and training and development of store leadership.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and execute retail operations plan to achieve daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for operating income, revenue, and production for multiple Retail Store locations.
- Assure appropriate financial controls are in practiced. Participate in quarterly audits.
- Develop and implement plans to help drive donations.
- Ensures payroll costs and operating costs are managed to budget. Assist Executive Director in creating annual operational budget.
- Ensure store locations deliver excellent customer service to donors and customers.
- Lead efforts to create a culture of excellence, customer service, volunteer engagement, respect and teamwork among staff and volunteers at all locations.
- Ensure store locations are clean, well-kept, and reflect the Goodwill brand appropriately.
- Supervise store managers and assure all staff and volunteers well-trained and fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinate efforts amongst locations to allocate donations, team members, and staff to maximize area performance.
- Visit each location regularly (at least once a week) to teach, train, and inspire volunteers and staff to meet production and sales goals with a constant eye on furthering the mission of BEAM.
- Support efforts to promote thrift stores in partnership with Creative Content Manager.
- In partnership with Volunteer Manager and Store Managers, assure volunteers are trained, supported and recognized.
- Lead efforts to maintain safety and risk management practices for all volunteers, staff and customers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3-5 years' work experience in Retail Management, preferably thrift
- 1-year supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs with strong Excel skills.
- Attention to detail, strong communication, and problem solving are all critical skills for success in this role.
- Commitment to the mission of the organization.
- Strong cultural competence; ability to build positive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders including donors and volunteers for faith-based and grassroots organizations.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work on occasional nights and weekends.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Must be able to manage varied temperatures including some that are not climate controlled.
- Must have ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must have the stamina to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must have ability to lift materials up to 50 lbs.
- Must tolerate some bending, stooping, and squatting.
- Ability to use keyboard unassisted.
- Ability to use telephone unassisted.