Retail Assistant (BEAM Thrift)
Assist Thrift Store Manager with all aspects of operations to contribute to the success of all BEAM thrift stores.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work as cashier, manage cash register and account for drawer accuracy.
- Process incoming donated apparel items.
- Rotate inventory and dispose of unwanted donations
- Tag, Price and Hang items of clothing
- Monitor up kept of clothing areas of the store.
- Provide friendly customer service
- Assist with incoming donations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in retail service desired
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Attention to detail and organization skill a must
- Ability to sort through clothing and find items that are up to store standards
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule with availability to work Saturdays.
- Flexible and open to working with other parts of the organization when called upon.
- May be exposed to dust, debris, animal hair, and any number of allergens.
- Commitment to the mission of the organization.
- Strong cultural competence; ability to build positive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders including donors and volunteers for faith-based and grassroots organizations.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Must be able to more than tolerate a lot of bending, stooping, and squatting.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift materials up to 50 lbs.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO firstname.lastname@example.org